The Engineering Ambassadors are the student representatives of the College of Engineering.
College of Engineering Ambassador Program
Engineering Ambassadors are motivated students who represent the College of Engineering at recruitment, outreach, alumni, and development events. Ambassadors provide demonstrations about engineering during K-12 visits, career fairs, and other local events. They also lead on-campus tours for school groups and other prospective students. This is a highly selective program as ambassadors work directly with the Dean’s Office in the College of Engineering. Ambassadors should be well-rounded individuals with a love for the University of Utah and the College of Engineering! We are looking for students who have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be an enrolled, degree-seeking student in the College of Engineering
- Must be in good academic standing with the University of Utah and your academic department (2.75 GPA or higher)
- Must be able to commit to a full academic year
Benefits of Being an Ambassador
Throughout your time as a University Ambassador, you will experience many personal and professional benefits that go beyond your monetary compensation. These experiences include:
- Public speaking and communication skills: As an Engineering Ambassador, you will have many opportunities to develop and strengthen these skills.
- Customer Service: Engineering Ambassadors represent the College of Engineering in a positive, friendly, and encouraging manner.
- Networking: You will also have the opportunity to meet campus administrators and other dignitaries.
Engineering Ambassadors are paid $10.00 per hour. Average weekly hours will fluctuate based on the amount of programs in which an Ambassador participates, but will likely be less than 6 hours a week. University Ambassadors are permitted to have other jobs, either on or off campus, and are encouraged to be involved in other campus activities—provided that these jobs and activities do not interfere with various dates, duties and responsibilities of being a University Ambassador.
Engineering Ambassador Applications must be submitted by May 5, 2017
Monthly Engineering Ambassador Meetings
The Engineering Ambassadors Program conducts monthly meetings the last Wednesday of every month from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Ambassadors will be required to attend regular ambassador meetings.
September 27, 2017
October 25, 2017
November 29, 2017
January 31, 2018
February 28, 2018
March 28, 2018
April 25, 2018
Training Day/Ambassador Bootcamp
Training day is mandatory. You must be able to fully attend all of this training:
Saturday, August 19, 2017*
Other Important (Mandatory) Dates
- Engineering Day – Saturday, November 18, 2017 (all day)
- Elementary Engineering Week – Week of February 26, 2018* (5 hours over the course of the week)
- Science Olympiad – Saturday, April, 2018* (partial day)
- Red White & U Admitted Student Day — Saturday, April 14 2018* (partial day)
For any questions please contact the Engineering Ambassador Program Coordinators: