The Engineering International Exchange Program enables University of Utah engineering students to spend a semester or two studying at top international engineering colleges. The partnering universities offer upper-level engineering classes, so students can study engineering and remain on track to graduate while abroad.
Why Study Abroad?
- Expand foreign language technical vocabulary
- Form technical contacts in foreign countries
- Prepare yourself for work in the global engineering community
- Improve intercultural communication skills and increase confidence
- Understand the engineering field from an international perspective
The College of Engineering has partnered with the following universities to provide great study abroad opportunities for both our and their students.
- Technical University of Berlin (Germany)
- Saarland University (Germany)
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)
- Seoul National University (Korea)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (India)
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (China)
Visit the University of Utah Study Abroad website to find a variety of study abroad programs. It is possible you can attend school at one of the listed Universities or colleges and still earn credit towards your engineering degree.
Funding Your Study Abroad Program
Federal financial aid (grants and loans) can be used on any program organized by the Study Abroad Office. You should meet with your financial aid counselor to determine your eligibility. Other University of Utah scholarships, for example the Honors at Entrance, Presidential, and departmental scholarships, may only be applied to certain types of programs. Inquire in the Study Abroad Office for further funding assistance.
Engineering students can address questions and comments about studying abroad to Dianne.