The Office of the Associate Dean for Research works with faculty, staff and students to support and promote basic and applied research in the College of Engineering at the local, national and international levels.
The office works with the Dean, the College Executive Council, and College of Engineering faculty to:
- Develop strategies to better support and grow basic and translational research,
- Establish relationships to support and promote the research enterprise,
- Foster research by increasing awareness of funding opportunities and providing support for junior faculty on research related issues and grant preparation,
- Provide advice on institutional guidelines for conducting research,
- Advise faculty and students on intellectual property development and commercialization opportunities,
- Approve and process research proposals submitted by or in collaboration with faculty in the College of Engineering,
- Manage cost-sharing funds in support of sponsored research,
- Administer the University Research Instrumentation request for proposals (RFP),
- Administer the College of Engineering Base Engineering Equipment Fund (BEEF) RFP,
- Organize seminars and working groups to promote new research collaborations within and across the University, and
- Represent the College at the Engineering Research Council of the American Society for Engineering Education.
Eric G. Eddings, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research
Office: 1897 WEB
Phone: (801) 585-3931
Public Relations Associate
Office: 1668 WEB
Phone: (801) 585-7499